Your home is made up of many valuable parts. The foundation, the plumbing, and the electrical system are all vital to the safety, security, and stability of the structure you live in. However, there’s one part of a house that faces the stresses and strains of the environment before any other: the roof. A roof that’s well constructed will add to your property value and curb appeal. But more importantly, it shelters your family from wind, rain, and other outdoor elements. Over time, those things can take their toll. At some point, your Brevard, NC home will need roof repairs or a total roof replacement. Here are a few warning signs that it may be time to call a residential roofing contractor.
- Shingles: Let’s start with the most basic part of your roof—the shingles. Walk around your home and look for shingles that are missing or that appear to be loose. If you have a metal roof or some other roofing material, inspect it for cracks, missing pieces, or other visible signs of damage.
- Flashing: Flashing is the metal or plastic barrier that surrounds openings in your roof. Look around vents, ducts, and other protrusions to make sure they’re completely surrounded by this material.
- Interior stains: Have you noticed stains on your walls? Even the most minor water damage can be a sign of serious trouble with your roof. Don’t put off having a roofing contractor come to take a look.
- Peeling wallpaper: Wallpaper is one of today’s hottest interior design trends. But if you notice it peeling off, it may be because of more than just a poor application. It may be a sign that you need roof repairs.
- Granule loss: Did you know that your shingles are covered in protective granules? If you notice an excess of these granules in your gutters or downspouts, it may be a sign that you need a new roof or roof repairs.
If you suspect that your roof is damaged, call Southern Quality Company. We’re an expert roofing contractor serving the Brevard, NC area. Let us help you keep your home in great condition!