If you talk to more than one general contractor, you’ll quickly see that they can have widely different costs for the various services they offer. That’s why you need to be prepared by knowing what you should expect in any general contractor’s estimate you receive. As a respected general contractor in the Asheville and Brevard, NC area, Southern Quality Construction wants to make sure you know the facts on this important document. Here are five areas you should pay particular attention to:
- Thorough details of the project – A good general contractor will provide organized and detailed information that explains all of their expenses and costs for the project. There should never be any hidden or surprise fees that you aren’t aware of as the homeowner.
- Dates of the project – Proper estimates from legitimate construction companies will contain both the projected start and end dates of a project.
- Labor hours and material expenses – Well-documented lists of the projected number of labor hours and materials needed to get the improvements done should be included.
- Permit costs – Any permits needed in order to get the renovation completed should be included in the estimate. It should also specify who is responsible for getting these documents, the builder or the homeowner
- Labor duties and the project as a whole – The estimate should outline the entire project, including which individuals will be in charge of which aspect of the project.
These are just a few of the most important things that should be covered by your builder’s estimate. Of course, every project is different. Working with an experienced, reputable custom home builder is the best way to make sure you get all the information you need. If you need a general contractor for your building project in Brevard, Asheville, Sapphire Valley, and other areas of Western North Carolina, call Southern Quality Company. We’re a local home construction company offering the best quality with the best service.