Once spring arrives, it’s time for you to start sprucing up your home after a long winter. By starting these projects now, you’ll help your home be ready for the unpredictable weather that often occurs this time of year. One of the more important maintenance tasks you should consider this spring involves your roof. Experts in roofing near you like the ones at Southern Quality Company want your roof to stand up to any test it faces – and it all starts by cleaning your roof. Here are five tips to keep in mind:
- Fix or replace damaged shingles – Take a look at your roof from the ground. Look for any signs of broken, damaged, or missing shingles. Then call roofing contractors to repair or replace them. Damaged shingles make your roof vulnerable to leaks, mold growth, and animal infestations.
- Treat mold spots – You should also check for mold spots. Even if your shingles don’t appear damaged, your shingles could have mold growing underneath them. IYou should always treat mold spots right away to keep it from getting out of hand.
- Remove moss – Do you see moss growing on your roof? Moss traps moisture, making a perfect environment for mildew growth on your roof.
- Trim tree limbs –Take time to cut off any tree branches that hang over your roof. Tree limbs can fall during storms or high winds, causing damage to your shingles and roof. Take preventative steps now to reduce your chances of a real headache later.
- Clean gutters – Clean out your gutters to help keep moisture from being trapped in or around your shingles. If your gutters are filled to the brim with leaves and other debris, they can’t efficiently move water away from your roof. Help your roof and home stay structurally sound by providing a way for water to flow freely.
When you need roofing near you, contact Southern Quality Company at (828) 877-2929. Our roofing contractors provide roof inspections, repairs, replacements, and maintenance in Asheville, Hendersonville, and Brevard, NC.